Thursday, April 8, 2010

seven.

"You can't ride two bikes at once,"
says a coworker.
She's right, the though of it is
ridiculous, like trying to make a line both
a chord and a tangent.
It can't be both.
The Greeks made that clear.

We shouldn't try,
should stop trying to turn ourselves into
something we aren't, should stop
pushing children into
molds
that will never fit them.

Of course, I can say that
because it's never my child, never my
dreams and hopes
for her that are falling apart.
It's very simple from where I'm
standing. It's a question of
bicycles, not hearts.

2 comments:

  1. yer poetry is so consistently good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! It's so hard to come up with something every day, though. I think I've maybe run out of ideas at this point, and I'm mostly repeating myself.

    And I keep telling blogger to give me my comments, and it WON'T. *kicks settings again*

    ReplyDelete